How We ScoreOur Score is a ranking system developed by our team of experts. It from 0 to 10 are automatically scored by our AI tool based upon the data collected. This score has no relationship or impact from any manufacturer or sales agent websites.
This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best bench drill press . We would recommend using WEN 4208T 2.3-Amp 8-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Drill Press as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Top 9 best bench drill press review:
WEN 4208T 2.3-Amp 8-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Drill Press
- Features a 2.3A induction motor, an 8-inch swing, and a 2-inch spindle travel
- Includes a 1/2-inch keyed chuck and onboard key storage
- Operates at 5 different speeds: 740, 1100, 1530, 2100, or 3140 RPM
- 6.5 by 6.5 inch height adjustable worktable bevels up to 45 degrees in each direction
- Measures in at 23 inches tall with a 7 by 11-inch base
Shop Fox W1668 3/4-HP 13-Inch Bench-Top Drill Press/Spindle Sander
- Motor: 3/4 HP, 110-Volt, 1,725 RPM, Spindle Speeds 250-3050 RPM
- Drill chuck: 5/8-Inch
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4-Inch
- Swing: 13-1/4-Inch
- Includes a 3-piece spindle sander drum kit with a mandrel and 80 grit sanding paper to fit the 1-Inch, 1-1/2-Inch and 2-Inch drums.
BILT HARD 8 inch 5-Speed Drill Press with Worklight, Benchtop Drill Machine with Drill Vise and Bit Set, CSA Certified
- Small but Powerful: Product size: 22.44 x 12.28 x 7.79 inches, Product weight: about 24 lbs. 8 inch swing, 2 inch spindle travel, 1/2-inch keyed chuck, 2.4A induction motor(1/3 HP), which is mini but mighty enough to drill through sheet sheet metal, wood, plastics, and other materials for both the job and the garage.
- 5 Operating Speeds: Variable speeds (760 1150 1630 2180 3070 RPM) allow you to target in the exact speed that works for your project, it does the job more conveniently and precisely than a handheld drill.
- Compact Construction: The bench top drill press has a compact frame to ensure durability and accurate drilling. The worktable can bevel 45 degree left and right for angled drilling. The base contains predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. The slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective work-holding.
- Useful Accessories: 2-1/2 inch jaws open up to 2-1/10 inches, 13 pcs drill bit set range from 1/16 to 1/4 inch, universal and necessary for various applications including but not limited to wood, plastics, and metals.
- Warranty: with CSA Certification, BILT HARD aims for quality followed up with quality customer service directly provided by manufacturer. The item is free from defects in materials and workmanship 90 days since purchase.
WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press,Orange
- Infinitely variable speed ranges from 580-3200 RPMS. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. LED read out displays speed.
- Spindle Travel of 3-1/8" with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations. Front to the back of the motor is 22 inches
- Quill diameter of 2.17 inches. Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque and power. Motor: 120 V, 60 Hz. Laser Module: Class III
- 9-1/2 x 9-1/2" cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 Degree left & right. Width with the handles: 14-1/2"
- Includes drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table roller extension, 5/8" keyed chuck & key, tools for assembly.Drill press Height from the Floor to the top: 37 inch
JET JWDP-12, 12-Inch Benchtop Drill Press, 1/2HP, 115V 1PH (716000)
- DRILLING ACCURACY: X-shaped XACTA Laser ensures perfection every time.
- EASE OF USE: Oversized ergonomic knobs provide maximum control.
- CONSISTENT DRILLING: Clear, linear scale with depth stop.
- EXTRA SUPPORT: Retractable roller extension provides support and quick workpiece adjustments.
- COMPACT DESIGN: 10" x 16-1/8" cast iron base fits neatly on workbenches with limited space.
WEN 4212T 5-Amp 10-Inch Variable Speed Benchtop Drill Press with Laser
- Features a 5-amp induction motor, a 10-inch swing, and a 2-inch spindle travel
- Adjust the mechanical variable speed anywhere from 530 to 3100 RPM
- Digital speed readout displays current RPM of the machine for maximum precision
- Includes a laser, adjustable depth stop, beveling 8 by 7.5-inch work table, 1/2-inch capacity keyed chuck, a chuck key with onboard storage, and a two-year warranty
- Measures in at 13.2 by 19.3 by 33.9 inches in size with a weight of 57 pounds
BILT HARD 10 inch 12-Speed Drill Press, Benchtop Drilling Machine, with Drill Vise & Bit Set, CSA Certified
- High Powered Drilling: Product size: 27.56 x 13.39 x 8.27 inches, Product weight: about 39.5 lbs. 10 inch swing, 2-3/8 inch spindle travel, 5/8-inch keyed chuck B16, 3.85A induction motor(3/5 HP), which is mighty enough to drill through metal, wood, plastics, and other materials for both the job and the garage.
- 12 Operating Speeds: Adjustable depth stop and variable speeds from 300-2900 RPM allow you to target in the exact speed that works for your project, it does the job more conveniently and precisely than a handheld drill.
- Compact Construction: The frame of the bench top drill press consists of steel to ensure durability and accurate drilling. The worktable can bevel 45 degree left and right for angled drilling. The base contains predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. The slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective work-holding.
- Useful Accessories: 3-inch jaws open up to 3-1/2 inches, 8 pcs drill bit set range from 1/8 to 1/4 inch, universal and necessary for various applications including but not limited to wood, plastics, and metals.
- Warranty: BILT HARD aims for quality followed up with quality customer service directly provided by manufacturer. The item is free from defects in materials and workmanship 90 days since purchase.
Shop Fox W1667 1/2 HP 8-1/2-Inch Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press
- Overall height: 23"
- Spindle travel: 1-5/8"
- Drill chuck: 1/64" - 1/2"
- Dust port size: 2"
- Swing: 8-1/2"
JET JDP-17 17" Drill Press (716300)
- ACCOMMODATE ANY PROJECT: 14" x 19" precision-ground work table features twin T-slot grooves and four table slots.
- RAPID SPEED CHANGES: One-handed belt tensioning.
- SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE: Power switch features a safety key and large, paddle-style off button.
- REPEAT DRILLING: Integrated depth stop makes repetitive drilling quick and easy.
- STABILITY: Large cast iron base.
The popular bench drill press brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the bench drill press from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the bench drill press I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
Important notes when buying bench drill press
There are some things you should consider when buying a bench drill press. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a bench drill press. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
Make a list of the things you want in your bench drill press and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most bench drill presss fall within the price range of $ 117.99 to $ 139.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the WEN 4208T 2.3-Amp 8-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Drill Press.
If you want something medium range, choose WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press,Orange. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the BILT HARD 10 inch 12-Speed Drill Press, Benchtop Drilling Machine, with Drill Vise & Bit Set, CSA Certified
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the bench drill press you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is BILT HARD 10 inch 12-Speed Drill Press, Benchtop Drilling Machine, with Drill Vise & Bit Set, CSA Certified
3. The brand
Buying the bench drill press from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your bench drill press to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a bench drill press from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
What is the best bench drill press?
The best bench drill press is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is WEN 4208T 2.3-Amp 8-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Drill Press
Are there any good deals on bench drill press?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best bench drill press and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest bench drill press?
Although most of the cheaper bench drill press do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on BILT HARD 10 inch 12-Speed Drill Press, Benchtop Drilling Machine, with Drill Vise & Bit Set, CSA Certified
Where can I buy the bench drill press?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best bench drill press
We hope you liked the bench drill presss that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,